Who We Are
St. Peter's parish is a growing, vibrant Christian community in the Diocese of New Jersey. Our members are serious about our faith. We value being fed spiritually at the Eucharist and are gladdened by the opportunity to come forward for prayers of healing and birthday blessings. We are grateful for the friendliness and support we feel from one another when we come together. We have high ambitions for St. Peter's outreach to the wider community and world. We appreciate opportunities for spiritual growth and Christian formation for adults and children, on Sunday mornings and at other times during the week.
The Episcopal Church
The Episcopal Church welcomes you.
The Episcopal Church welcomes all who worship Jesus Christ, in 109 dioceses and regional areas in 17 nations. The Episcopal Church is a member province of the worldwide Anglican Communion.
The mission of the church, as stated in the Book of Common Prayer’s catechism (p. 855), is "to restore all people to unity with God and each other in Christ."
As part of that mission, we’re following Jesus into loving, liberating and life-giving relationship with God, with each other and with the earth as the Episcopal branch of the Jesus Movement. We seek every day to love God with our whole heart, mind and soul, and to love our neighbors as ourselves (Matthew 22:36-40).
Learn more: https://www.episcopalchurch.org
The mission of St. Peter's
Saint Peter’s is a blessed community of faith, grounded in the power of God’s transforming love, where Jesus Christ welcomes all to abundant life. Empowered by the Holy Spirit, we follow Him in prayer and praise, study and service.
A parish of the Diocese of New Jersey since 1874
Timeline of our history:
1868: Episcopal services began to be held in Medford homes by St. Andrew's (Mt. Holly) priest.
1874: The Diocese of New Jersey named St. Peter's as a mission parish; services were held at Odd Fellows Hall.
1876: The first St. Peter's Episcopal Church on Union Street was built and began holding services. (Pictured; now a private home.)
1957: Worship services relocated to new church location (now our chapel).
1959: A Sunday school wing was added.
1962: The rectory was built.
1994: Our current church was built and consecrated.
To read the story of St. Peter's of Medford, click here